Ken Kellogg – Public Works Director
Email: Email Ken
Phone: (530) 926-7526
305 N. Mt. Shasta Boulevard, Mt. Shasta, California 96067
Office Hours: 7:00am – 3:00pm
David Torres – Public Works Supervisor
Email: Email David
The Public Works Department is primarily responsible for the operation and maintenance of City streets, buildings and grounds, fleet and equipment, snow removal, water distribution and wastewater collection, drainage, and the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
City parks are operated by the Mt. Shasta Recreation and Parks District.
- Request for Service: Reporting Public Works Problems
- CIty of Mount Shasta 2021 Consumer Confidence Report
- Local Streets and Roads Proposed Project List-Updated Resolution – RESOLUTION CCR-20-17
- City of Mt. Shasta Five Year Capital Improvement Program FY 2014/2015 – 2018/2019
- Stormwater Programming
- Drinking Water Permit – Temporary Chlorination
- 2017 Water Utility Rate Study
- 2022 Water Utility Rate Study Update
From time to time, the City may be required to temporarily chlorinate the drinking water system in accordance with State Water Resources Control Board Division of Drinking Water Permit Amendment 01-01-17 (P) 003A.
The Permit Amendment states that the City shall contact Division of Drinking Water (DOW) Redding Field Office within 24 hours and activate emergency chlorination when the following condition occurs:
- The City violates the E. coli Maximum Contaminant Level.
Additionally, the City shall contact DOW Redding Field Office within 24 hours and activate emergency chlorination if directed by DOW Redding Field Office when any of the following conditions occur:
- The City gets two or more total coliform positive bacteriological samples in a single month; or,
- The City fails to take all required repeat samples after any single total coliform-positive routine sample.
Additionally, the City shall activate emergency chlorination for any reason at any time when directed to do so by the State Water Board, Division of Drinking Water.
During any emergency chlorination event, the City shall continue chlorination of its distribution system until receiving written permission to cease from the State Water Board, Division of Drinking Water.
- General Encroachment Permit – Application and Instructions
- City Plaza Encroachment Permit – Application and Instructions
- Outdoor Merchandise Display Encroachment Permit – Application and Instructions
- Sidewalk Sign Encroachment Permit – Application and Instructions