Anyone interested in applying for a position on the Mt. Shasta City Volunteer Fire Department may print and complete a City of Mt. Shasta Volunteer Employment Application. Applications can be mailed in or dropped off at City Hall/Human Resources during regular business hours, or emailed to Matt Melo.
To join the Mt. Shasta City Fire Department you must meet the following requirements:
- Live within the 96067 zip code
- Fill out a City of Mt. Shasta Volunteer Employment Application
- Turn in or mail your completed application to City Hall/Human Resources, 305 N. Mt. Shasta Boulevard, Mt. Shasta, CA 96067
- Pass an oral interview
- Pass a background check which includes but is not limited to: criminal history, DMV check
- Pass a drug test, medical screen and/or physical examination